Introduction to HANA
HANA refers to High Performance Analytic Appliance. HANA is a database model which is made to work in the memory termed as in-memory database.
- HANA DB takes low cost of main memory (RAM), data processing abilities of multi-core processors and the fast data access of solid state drives.
- HANA is 100% ACID complaint
Three distinct Scenarios of SAP HANA on CLOUD platform offers .SAP HANA on CLOUD Platform is Platform as a Service (PaaS) offers
- SAP HANA App Services
- SAP HANA DB Services
- SAP HANA infrastructure services.
SAP HANA App Services (Paas)
This includes all capabilities for Database Service. The cloud application provides a vast set of different services.
SAP HANA on CLOUD technology provides specialized capabilities:
- SAP HANA Cloud Portal
- SAP Lumira Cloud
- Gateway as a Service
SAP HANA DB Services (DBaaS)
This infrastructure and license subscriptions for SAP HANA.
Base Edition: It includes core DB services, developments and libraries
Platform Edition: It includes advanced features such as predictive, text analysis and geo-spatial
These two editions provides native development for eg as SQL Script, XS(Extended Application Services (xs)) and River.
Available Editions in SAP HANA DB Services:
SAP HANA Infrastructure Services (IaaS)
SAP HANA Infrastructure Services provides subscriptions for customers who already has existing license
IaaS Features provide
- One of the best flexibility deployment options: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB
- Build on a secure, scalable infrastructure.
- Advance Network Security
- Built in Compliance, Integrity and confidentiality.
Highlights of HANA
- Real time decision
- TCO reduction
SAP HANA ON CLOUD have full benefits:
Accelerate Time To Value: SAP HANA on cloud gives you quickly build and deploy business and end users applications which deliver’s critical new functionality.
Developer productivity increase: Open programming supports standards and provides a low barrier to entry for Developers. Integrates with SAP or non-SAP solution.
SAP HANA on Cloud Platform provides the following services.
- Connectivity Services: SAP HANA on Cloud provides a trusted channel to our business systems.
- Document Service: Document service gives a content repository for unstructured or semi- structured content. Application accesses it using the OASIS standard protocol Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIIS).
- Identity Service: This Identity service is responsible for identifying management and authentication requires SAP HANA on CLOUD. One more feature provide the enabling of Single –Sign-On (SSO) between applications running with SAP HANA on Cloud Based.
SAP HANA ON CLOUD DEPLOYMENT PHASES:
SAP HANA Enterprise cloud: This is Real time and cloud elasticity for ERP customers. SAP HANA Enterprise cloud provides mission critical, global 24/7 operations.
- This provides 24/7 customer support availability.
- SAP experts in our operations center.
- Disaster recovery solutions for mission critical system.
- Private cloud + Managed service=SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud
- This gives fast time- to value at reduced cost and risk.
SAP HANA Virtualization (On-Premise &Cloud): Present the only supported SAP virtualization solution is Vmware v Sphere 5.5 and 5.1 on HANA SP05.
This requires only single node configuration and max 64 virtual cores /512 GB RAM (recommended).
SAP HANA ON CLOUD FUNCTIONALITIES:
Data Synchronization: It exchanges the data within relational and non-relational data source.
Cockpit: The new functionalities provide on SAP HANA ON CLOUD with a new role: Support and User. This role mainly designed for technical support engineers.
Eclipse Tools: This tool has following 2 enhancements.
- The auto complete feature: This feature enabled for the Account Name, User Name and Database user.
- The Server view: In Eclipse Tool, Servers view provides direct links to the application dashboard in the cockpit and the application URLs.
SAP UI5: This is an enhancement distribution 1.22.9 for java and HTML 5 application.
Runtime for Java: The SAP HANA Cloud Runtime for java.
Components of SAP HANA ON CLOUD:
JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE: SAP HANA on CLOUD infrastructure major runs on SAP own implementation of a Java Virtual Machine –SAP.
Application Runtime Container: Major applications developed on SAP HANA CLOUD run on a modular and lightweight runtime container which allows them to use standard JAVA EE API’s.
Computing Unit: A computing unit is a virtualized hardware on which SAP HANA Cloud application runs. SAP HANA Cloud Offers four standard sizes of computing units.
For Developer accounts they provide only Lite Edition